Friday, July 9, 2010

Wodin's Day Practise and The Bar One Stone




Well first of all. Steve picked Nic and I up and we arrived a little early outside Kill City Blues. We were kindly verbally accosted by the drunk bergie and then were kindly let in to the practice rooms. Phew!

Discussions for a setlist this Friday at Mercury with Isochronous was a serious matter of contention. But a meaty set was furiously whipped up.

We also discussed recording drums on Thursday and Friday with our friend Stefan Wyeth in a wooden-floored room in our friend’s Observatory house. Which is sounding very cool apparently.

Then Nic Rixx came in to say hi. And then Steve’s packet of chips fell over. And I was sad. Because I love chips.



The Bar One Stone



I believe certain objects adopt you. I believe they find you and assist you with work or annoy you or just give you some sympathy. When we were recording A Signal Path in 2008, the Bar One Stone found me and helped me.

It was an ungainly looking geological nugget. It resembled a Bar One chocolate bar. Or rather the last bite left of one. There was a stoney toffee centre enveloped in an obsidian dark chocolate.

When we started recording I built a little coccoon in the RockitDog Studios with some black sheets and black bags. All the while I was behind that microphone I was clutching the Bar One Stone. It supported me... grounded me.

Alas the Bar One Stone has since left me to give someone else the support it so expertly gives out. I enjoyed our time together and thank it for it's support.

3 comments:

  1. That's not a Bar One! Looks more like an Aero or a giant Kit Kat! You guys are phonies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. i couldn't find a pic of a bar one. sorry jason. yet again i have failed you. i will disgrace you no longer.

    ReplyDelete