Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Your Beautiful Mug

Phew! What a crazy last few weeks. I have business coming out of my ears. But luckily for you this benefits you (the reader, dare we say, fan) greatly. There's a little taste of things to come for you, which will be downloadable. I hope you're as excited as I am. We'll let you know when that's done. Oh, and obviously, WHAT it is.

We've had some really great support these last few shows, we thank you. Tonightwedie and We Set Sail at ROAR was ama-zing zing as Nic's mentioned! And last Friday (20th Aug) was YourLMG's celebration of their 40th issue. What a great mag! So glad to have them around as they are a pillar in the Cape Town rock scene. The night was stellar! Some mercilessly beautiful blues from Natasha Meister; We Set Sail sent me to the stars and Sidecar Fire conjured up images of driving at night next to lakes in the rain... crazy cool. And we played last, just after midnight. We had tonnes of fun!
This weekend we're also heading into Durbanville and we'd like to see your beautiful mug there. We'll be popping eardrums at Blizzards, get directions here. We'll be there with New Mustangs and Taxi Violence. We haven't jammed with the boys from TV in ages and we're pretty stoked to share a stage with them again.

I've also been working on my solo lo-fi alt folk project, Tape Hiss and Sparkle. And I've released my first album, For You In Your Cubicle for download. I hope you enjoy it!

Lastly - but definitely not least - Jordi (who sadly left The Sleepers last year) has also been busy. Check out his band Anaphys, it will leave you gasping for air.

Over. Out.

Sy

No comments:

Post a Comment